Jumping on trampoline is a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy. Simply set up a trampoline in your backyard and you no longer have to even leave your home to have fun. The best part about buying a trampoline though is that they are fairly inexpensive compared to other items you would buy in order to have fun. Not to mention jumping on a trampoline is also just a good excuse to go outside.
Sure, you could go get a season pass to your local theme park for a year, or you could buy a trampoline for the same price or less that will last you for years. In addition to the trampoline lasting longer, it can also be used by everyone in your family and even your friends.
However, there is one little downside to jumping on a trampoline – and that is that it’s not the safest thing in the world. Many kids manage to injure themselves every single day while jumping on a trampoline, but luckily as long your kids follow a few safety rules then you shouldn’t have to worry at all. Below are what we found to be the most important safety tips to follow when jumping on a trampoline.
Trampoline Safety Tips
- Set up your trampoline in a safe area that’s away from anything dangerous.
- Make sure to have constant adult supervision.
- Prohibit anyone from doing dangerous flips.
- Don’t allow anyone under the age of 6 jump on the trampoline.
- Only allow one person to jump at a time for ultimate safety.
- If more than one person is jumping on the trampoline, at least make sure everyone is playing safely.
- Don’t jump with toys on the trampoline (maybe one ball at a time).
- No jumping dangerously off the trampoline. Use a ladder instead.
As long as your kids are following the safety rules above you should have virtually nothing to worry about when it comes to your kid’s safety. Of course, there are always going be those rare incidents that just can’t be avoided.
We recommend you go over these safety tips often as well in order to ensure they’re properly followed at all times. If you find one of your kids not following the rules then be sure to temporarily provoke their trampoline privileges so they know just how important these safety rules are.